Cinnamon and Mixed Spice Biscuits
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with these delectable cinnamon and mixed spice biscuits. Great served alone or with tea!
- 200 g margarine block
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 100 g castor sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 400 g flour
- 1 tbsp Robertsons cinnamon
- 1 tsp Robertsons mixed spice
- icing sugar for dusting
- Cream the margarine and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat in well.
- Add the flour, Robertsons Cinnamon and Mixed Spice. Mix together to form a stiff dough.
- Wrap tightly in cling film and pop in the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line 2 baking trays with grease-proof paper.
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the dough to 3mm thickness. Cut out the biscuits, placing each one on the baking tray.
- Gather and re-roll the dough, cutting out shapes, until you have used all the dough.
- Bake the biscuits for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Start checking them at the 7 minute mark, they will burn quickly.
- Once baked, leave on the trays for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, dust with icing sugar.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.