Spicy Onion Bhajis With Sweet Chilli Sauce
You’ll be surprised how easy it is to whip up our crispy onion bites, which are made with chickpea flour and flavoured with Knorr Brown Onion Soup and a big whack of spice. These bhajis are great for vegetarian snack platters – serve piping hot with a sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 5 ml baking powder
- 1 packet Knorr brown onion soup
- 15 ml Rajah hot curry powder
- 5 ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 2.5 ml Robertsons crushed chillies
- +- 100 ml cold water
- oil for frying
- 150 ml Knorr Sweet Chilli Dressing
- Soak the sliced onion in water for 5 minutes. Strain.
- Mix the chickpea powder, baking powder, Knorr Brown Onion Soup powder, Rajah Hot Curry Powder, Robertson’s Turmeric and Robertson’s Crushed Chillies together. Add enough cold water to make a thick batter.
- Mix in the soaked onions.
- Heat oil in a pot or pan for frying. Drop a small spoonful of batter into the oil to check the oil temperature. It is hot enough if the batter bubbles and rises to the surface of the oil.
- Scoop a tablespoon of batter, using another spoon gently scoop it off into the oil. Allow it to cook until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the bhajis warm, with Knorr Sweet Chilli Dressing.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.