Knorr Meal Solutions No Power No Problem Competition
Unilever USSD Terms & Conditions
Competition Dates 01 October 2023 – 31 December 2023
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”) and Tradeway Promotions is the “Promoter Agent”.
2. The promotional competition is called Knorr Meal Solutions No Power No Problem.
3. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
4. The promotional competition is only open to participants over the age of 18.
5. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or Promotional materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions.
6. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
7. By participating in this competition participants are asked to Opt In to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. The participant is under no obligation to Opt In in order to still enter the promotional competition.
9. This promotional competition is open from 1st October 2023 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 31st December 2023. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
10. To enter, participants will be required to purchase any 2 (two) participating Knorr Meal Solutions products as per the below list:
10.1 Participants will be required to purchase any 2 (two) participating brands / products listed in the table above from a participating retailer in South Africa. Participants must then dial *120*6456# and follow prompts.
10.2 USSD session charged at 20c per 20 seconds.
10.3 In order to qualify for entry, participants will be required to flow the below step by step guide:
• Step 1: Dial *120*6456#
• Step 2: Please enter your first name
• Step 3: Please enter your surname
• Step 4: Please enter your Email Address
• Step 5: What is your age range:
- 18 – 25 years old
- 26 – 35 years old
- 36 – 45 years old
- 46 – 54 years old
- 55 – 64 years old
- 65+ 5.
• Step 6: Please enter the last four digits of the barcode on the first Knorr Meal Solutions product you have purchased.
• Step 7: Please enter the last four digits of the barcode on the second Knorr Meal Solutions product you have purchased.
• Step 8: Dynamic Enrichment Questions (one to be asked per competition entry):
Which of the following describes you best?
- Vegetarian (eats no meat, but does eat eggs, cheese, milk, honey etc)
- Vegan (eats no meat or animal byproducts)
- Pescatarian (eats no meat other than fish/seafood)
- Flexitarian (eats vegetarian / vegan a few days a week)
- Meat eater
Do you enjoy cooking?
Which Knorr Meal Solutions products do you use most often?
- Meal Mates
- Sauces or Gravies
- Dry Cook In Sauces
- Veg or Potato Bake Sachet
- Pasta & Sauce
- Cook-In Bags
11. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
12. Participants must enter the correct last 4 digits of the barcode for product 1 and product 2. If a participant has given incorrect details of the barcode, the Promoter reserves the right to deem that entry as invalid.
13. Participants must enter in their correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
14. Participants may enter as many times as they wish, however not more than three(3) times a day, provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase and accurate barcode.
15. The prize:
Weekly Spot Prizes:
- 168x vouchers for Netflix / Showmax / Spotify (12 awarded per week)
- 168x Prepaid data vouchers (50MB – 1GB) (12 awarded per week)
- 9 x ALOCS 10 Piece Outdoor Cookware Set with burner (3 awarded per month)
- 1 x large Big Green Egg (with accessories?) to the value of +R38 000! (1 awarded at competition conclusion)
16. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within one month of notification will be forfeited.
17. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
18. A single person/ID number may only win 1 Prize per competition.
19. 28 participants will be selected as winners (the ‘Winner’) to receive a Prize (as per allocations and timings above)
20. The Winner will be required to provide their till slip, name, ID number, copy of their identity document, contact details and proof of address, and will be contacted to acknowledge the receipt of the prize.
21. The Winner(s) will be selected by means of a random draw weekly between 1 October 2023 and 31 December 2023 and will be notified telephonically where the Winner will be required to verify their details. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner three (3) times on the day of draw after their name/number is drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE
22. The Prize winners will be contacted by Promoter “agency” where agency will require the winner to furnish agency with the aforesaid required documentation within three (3) days of confirmation of telephonic call, once all documents have been verified, agency will arrange delivery to the prize winners. If the Prize Winner cannot produce the documents during this period, the Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
23. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 3 (three) days of confirmation of telephonic call, will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
24. Unilever Privacy Notice can be obtained from https://www.unilevernotices.com/privacy-notices/south-africa-english.html
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
26. The Winner may be required to sign an Indemnity and Media Release forms
27. The Winner may be required to sign an Indemnity and Media Release forms
28. These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. All information relating to this Promotion and published on any promotional material will form part of the Terms and Conditions of entry.
29. As far as the law allows, all warranties and representations in relation to the Promotion not set out in these Terms and Conditions (whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded.
30. The Promoter reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Promotion without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary. In the event that the prizes are not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prizes, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes with prizes of equal value.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice. In the event of such termination, as far as the law allows, all participants or entrants acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, in respect thereof.
32. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor their partners or agents supporting the Promotion will be responsible for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever suffered by any participant/entrant or Winner or their accompanying (including but not limited to any direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or incidental loss or damages) or for any personal injury (whether physical or mental) suffered or sustained by any participant or Winner and/or their accompanying person(s) as a result of or in connection with the Promotion or the acceptance, use or application of the Prize.
33. As far as the law allows the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, will not be responsible for a Participant's failure to access the Promotion for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
34. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and will not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
35. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to provide required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 1 (one) months for grand prize, and 2 (two) weeks for instant prizes, of the date the Winner is selected will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these Terms and Conditions.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
37. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
38. Any attempt to use multiple cell phone details or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these Terms and Conditions, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
39. The Promoter may in its sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) will be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the [www.whatsfordinner.co.za] website.
40. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
41. This Promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
42. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
43. The Promoter reserves the right to use any images taken of the Winners for publicity purposes in any manner it deems fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the Winners, and may require the Winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, and social media when accepting the prize and/or after having received the prize. However, the Winners have the right to object, in writing, to –
a) the use of their images;
b) being identified, photographed and/or published in printed media; and/or
c) appearing on radio, television or any digital or other platform either when or after accepting the Grand Prize.
44. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment
45. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material will not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
46. For all queries in respect of this Promotion, please contact the Unilever Customer Call Centre during office hours on number 0860 151 141or via email on Consumer.affairs-ZA@unilever.com
NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple cell phone details or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant