Is it that so delectable of colour combinations – the vibrant red and cooling green – that feeds the eyes and makes the lettuce and tomato salad with mayo a universal go-to meal or side? Or is the crunch of it all – the subdued freshness of the lettuce with that delicious acidic tang of tomato? Or, could it be the savoury smoothness of the mayo, just bringing it all together?
It’s obvious, isn’t it? It’s all of the above.
At What’s For Dinner, though, we also think it’s because this one’s just so very easy to prep – it’s the combination of tastes and textures that speak, not the complexity of ingredients and flavours.
So, we have a light, healthy lettuce and tomato salad with mayo recipe here for you. Why do you need a recipe? You may ask. Well, in this one we’re showcasing a secret ingredient that’s sure to make it even better – Hellmann’s mayonnaise.
Also, we may just have a little trick up our sleeve to take your lettuce, tomato, mayo salad to the next level.
Take a look.
How to Make a Lettuce and Tomato Salad with Mayo?
- 1 head of fresh lettuce – butter or iceberg works best, depending on the crunch or texture you want
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ cup of Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
And now, the twist:
Add a crumbling of crispy bacon on top.
Introducing, What’s For Dinner’s bacon, lettuce, tomato, or BLT, salad complemented by the delicate creaminess of Hellmann’s mayonnaise.
Putting Your Salad Together - A Step by Step
We know you have your own way, but for evenness of distribution, toppings, and of course, that sought-after crunch in every bite, try this order:
- Add your lettuce leaves and tomato to a bowl.
- Add your Hellmann’s mayo, beginning with a ¼ of the cup. Toss gently until the ingredients are coated, add the rest of the mayo, and toss again.
- Crumble your crispy bacon over the mix and toss one more time. Add a little more bacon as topping – you’ll agree, you can never have too much bacon!
- Add salt to taste and a dusting of cracked pepper.
- Eat straight away, or chill in the fridge before serving.
There you have it – a little enhancement on a classic salad that’ll make it even lovelier. Dig in and enjoy!
For more scrumptious spins on the old favourites, click here.