Robertsons Summer Drive T's & C's
#BringOutTheFlavour Robertsons USSD Competition Terms & Conditions
Competition Dates 11 October – 22 November 2021
1. The terms and conditions set out below (Terms and Conditions) apply to the Robertsons Summer Drive #BringOutTheFlavour Competition (Promotion) being run and administered by Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (Promoter or us or we), a company incorporated in South Africa under registration number 1939/012365/07 whose registered offices is at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051.
2. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or Promotional materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions.
3. The Promotion is only valid in South Africa and is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
4. This Promotional competition is open from 11 October 2021 and ends at 12:00 (midnight) on 22 November 2021. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
5. By participating or entering this Promotion, participants agree to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and hereby warrant that all information submitted to the Promoter is true, current, and complete.
6. The Promotion is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
7. Any participant under the age of 18 (eighteen) years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
8. By participating in this competition, participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on Promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
10. We have a duty, in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (CPA) to point out certain important provisions in these Terms and Conditions to you.The clauses which contain these important provisions and the reasons why they are important are set out below.It is very important that you read all of these clauses carefully.
a) Limitation of risk, legal responsibilities and liability. Clauses 18, 41, 42, 43, 44 and 45 herein below are important because they limit and exclude obligations, liabilities and legal responsibilities that we and other persons or entities may otherwise have to you.As a result of these clauses, your rights and remedies against us and these other persons and entities are limited or excluded.
These clauses also limit or exclude your right to recover from, or make claims against, the Promoter for losses, damages, liability or harm you or others may suffer as a result of your participation in the Promotion. Clause 24 is particularly important because you take on risk, legal responsibilities and liability. In terms of this clause, you may be responsible for taxes, fees, claims and other amounts. You will also be responsible for, and you accept, various risks, damages, harm, and injury which may be suffered by you and others for what is stated in this clause.
b) Indemnities by you. Clauses 24 and Error! Reference source not found. herein below requires you to indemnify (hold harmless) us and other persons or entities against claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered by us and other persons or entities as a result of the events set out in clauses 44 and 45 below.
You are also required to indemnify us and other persons and entities against claims for loss, damages, and harm that may be made by any person or entity as a result of the events set out in clause 45. This places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on you, and you will be responsible and liable for the payment of the value of the claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered or claimed.
To enter, participants will be required to purchase any 2 (two) medium or large Robertson Refill participating products listed below from a participating store.
Robertsons Refill Origanum 2X10X17G
Robertsons Refill Thyme 2X10X19G
Robertsons Chakalaka Refill 2X10X65G
Robertsons Spice for Mince Refill 2X10X79G
Robertsons Brown Onion Seasoning Refill 2X10X80G
Robertsons Shisanyama Refill 2X10X80G
Robertsons Garlic Flakes Refill 4X10X70G
Robertsons Bbq Spice Refill 4X10X64G
Robertsons Garlic Salt Refill 4X10X100G
Robertsons Spice for Fish Refill 4X10X80G
Robertsons Spice for Rice Refill 4X10X89G
Robertsons Meat Tenderiser Refill 4X10X100G
Robertsons Parsley Refill 4X10X12G
Robertsons Mixed Herb Refill 4X10X18G
Robertsons Steak & Chops Refill 4X10X80G
Robertsons Chicken Spice Refill 4X10X84G
11. To enter the Promotion, participants are required to follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Purchase any 2 (two) Medium or Large Robertson Refill participating products listed above from a participating store.
- Step 2: Dial *120*1073#. Each USSD entry is charged at 20c per every 20 seconds spent on the line.
- Step 3: Enter the last 4 (four) digits of your barcodes from your 2 (two) Robertsons Refill participating products.
- Enter the last 4 (four) digits of the barcode of product 1 (one).
- Enter the last 4 (four) digits of the barcode of product 2 (two).
12. Participants may be prompted to complete a series of questions from the Promotion such as region and name before their entry is validated.
13. Participants are required to keep their till slip as proof of purchase to constitute a valid entry.
14. Participants must enter the correct last 4 (four) digits of the barcode for product 1 (one) and product 2 (two.) If a participant has given incorrect details of the barcode, the Promoter reserves the right to deem that entry as invalid.
15. Participants must enter their correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of these Terms and Conditions.
16. Entries, which are duplicated, which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or are from disqualified persons, will be declared invalid.
17. Any technical failures that leads to any competition entry being invalid or not received will not be the Promoter’s liability, and the Promoter cannot be held responsible for technical errors.
18. Responsibility is not accepted for incomplete entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed for any reason whatsoever, including as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind.Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
19. Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase and accurate barcodes.
20. All entries from disqualified participants' mobile numbers will be rejected.
21. Only one prize per household and per person.
22. No computer-based entries will be accepted.
23. Any mobile number that enters an incorrect barcode five (5) times in succession will be locked out of the Competition for the entire duration of the promotional competition ("Blocked Participants”).
24. As far as the law allows, the Promoter will only be responsible for those costs which these Terms and Conditions expressly say that the Promoter will pay. The participant is responsible for (i) any and all applicable local taxes and fees; and
(ii) all other costs incurred by it, or arising directly or indirectly from, the participant's participation in the Promotion, or from the acceptance, receipt, use or enjoyment of any prize.
Without limiting the rest of this clause, the participant will be responsible for the cost of submitting proof of purchase and entering the Promotion, any flights or accommodation or associated costs that may be required should the participant win and need to physically collect their prize, and any data or call charges that apply, as per the tariff rates charged by the participant's mobile network provider in addition to any applicable USSD charges.
The Prizes - Grand Prize
25. There will be 20 (Twenty) Grand Prize winners in total, who will each receive a digital retailer voucher to the value of R25,000 (Twenty Five Thousand Rand). The digital retailer vouchers will be for one of the four retailers listed below. The Grand Prize winners may select their preferred retailer from the list below:
26. The total value of the Grand Prize (as divided between the twenty Grand Prize winners) is R500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand Rand) only.
27. If a Grand Prize winner does not redeemed their prize for any reason within 36 (Thirty Six) months of notification of having won the prize, the prize will be forfeited.
Prizes – General
28. The prize is not transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption of prizes is permitted. The prize will not be handed/awarded to a third party, but only to the verified prize winner.
29. The participants accept the Prize at their own risk. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoters reserve the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of the same or greater value.
30. 20 (Twenty) participants will be selected as winners (Winner) to receive a prize.
31. At the time that a potential prize winner is identified, the potential prize winner will receive a telephone call from a representative of the Promoters at which point he/she may be required to answer a few questions regarding his/her eligibility as well as be requested to submit certain documents such as a copy of his/her till slip to the Promoters representative.
32. The potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his/her submission is validated and his/her documents are completed and submitted to the Promotors. If a potential prize winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, the prize will be forfeited and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
33. The Winners will be required to provide their till slips, name, valid South Africa ID number, copy of their South African identity document, and contact details.
34. The Grand Prize Winners will be selected by random, audited draw from all valid entries received, Bi-Weekly for the promotional period.
35. The draw will be conducted by Third Parties which will include the Promoter’s auditors.
36. The Grand Prize Winners will be notified telephonically on the number they used to enter the competition that they have won a Grand Prize, within a reasonable period after the draw.
37. The Grand Prize winners will be required to verify their details during that telephone call. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the Winners telephonically three (3) times within three (3) days of the draw, after their name is drawn.
38. If the Promoter is unable to reach any participant whose name was drawn after 3 (three) telephone calls, such participant will be disqualified, and a draw of a replacement Winner will take place in the same manner as the first draw.
39. A copy of these Terms and Conditions can be obtained from the Promoter’s Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860 151 141 or from https://www.whatsfordinner.co.za/robertsons/competition/.
40. These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. All information relating to this Promotion and published on any promotional material will form part of the Terms and Conditions of entry.
41. As far as the law allows, all warranties and representations in relation to the Promotion not set out in these Terms and Conditions (whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded.
42. The Promoter reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Promotion without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary. In the event that the prizes are not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prizes, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes with prizes of equal value.
43. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice. In the event of such termination, as far as the law allows, all participants or entrants acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, in respect thereof.
44. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor their partners or agents supporting the Promotion will be responsible for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever suffered by any participant/entrant or Winner or their accompanying (including but not limited to any direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or incidental loss or damages) or for any personal injury (whether physical or mental) suffered or sustained by any participant or Winner and/or their accompanying person(s) as a result of or in connection with the Promotion or the acceptance, use or application of the Prize.
45. As far as the law allows the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, will not be responsible for a Participant's failure to access the Promotion for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
46. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and will not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
47. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to provide required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 1 months of the date the Winner is selected will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these Terms and Conditions.
48. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
49. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
50. Any attempt to use multiple cell phone details or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void.
Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these Terms and Conditions, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
51. The Promoter may in its sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) will be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and condition on the https://www.whatsfordinner.co.za/robertsons/competition/ website.
52. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
53. This Promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
54. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
55. The Promoter reserves the right to use any images taken of the Winners for publicity purposes in any manner it deems fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the Winners, and may require the Winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, and social media when accepting the prize and/or after having received the prize. However, the Winners have the right to object, in writing, to –
a) the use of their images.
b) being identified, photographed and/or published in printed media; and/or
c) appearing on radio, television or any digital or other platform either when or after accepting the Grand Prize.
56. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment
57. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material will not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
58. For all queries in respect of this Promotion, please contact the Unilever Customer Call Centre during office hours on number 0860 151 141or.
59. By entering this Competition, you authorise the Promoters to collect, store and use (not share) personal information of Participants for communication or statistical purposes.