A light and fluffy egg-less chickpea flour omelette filled with sautéed baby spinach, mushrooms and red bell pepper. Topped with avocado, a homemade vegan ranch dressing and chopped spring onion.
- For the vegan ranch dressing:
- 125 ml (1/2 a cup) vegan mayo
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Knorr Italian Vinaigrette
- 30 g (3 Tbsp) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 10 g (1 Tbsp) fresh dill, finely chopped
- 10 g (1 Tbsp) fresh chives, finely chopped
- 7,5 ml (1,5 Tsp) of Robertsons Black Pepper
- For the omelette batter:
- 60 g (1/4 cup) chickpea flour
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) dry yeast
- 2 ml (1/4 tsp) baking powder
- 7,5 ml (1,5 tsp) Knorr Aromat Naturally Tasty
- 80 ml water (1/3 cup), at room temperature
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil, separated
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 5 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- A handful of baby spinach
- 7,5 ml (1,5 tsp) Robertsons Masterblends Rustic Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- 1 spring onion stalk, chopped
- In a bowl, combine ranch dressing ingredients. Whisk together until smooth then cover in an airtight jar or container and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, yeast, baking powder and Knorr Aromat Naturally Tasty until well combined. Whisk in the water until smooth. Set aside
- In a non-stick pan, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the red pepper, mushrooms, spinach and the Robertsons Masterblends Rustic garlic and herb seasoning and sauté for 3-5 minutes until toasted and spinach has wilted slightly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil. Pour in the omelette batter and spread it around the entire surface of the pan by gently tilting and swirling the pan. Cook for 2 minutes
- Flip the omelette then immediately cover half of the omelette with the sautéed veggies then fold the omelette in half over the fillings.
- Serve immediately topped with sliced avocado, a drizzle of the ranch dressing and sprinkle over spring onion
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.