Mushroon and Spinach Samp Risotto
Do you know that samp makes wonderful risottos? Parmesan cheese and butter add a touch of luxury to this creamy samp risotto featuring mushrooms and baby spinach, while Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice gives fantastic depth of flavour. Serve piping hot with plenty of black pepper.
- 250 ml or 1 cup of samp
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 10 ml or 2 tsp Robertsons Origanum
- 10 ml or 2 tsp Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 250 g of sliced brown mushrooms
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup of chopped spring onions
- 500 ml or 2 cups of chicken stock
- 500 ml or 2 cups of shredded spinach
- 250 ml or 1 cup of cream
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 15 g parsley
- Soak the samp in water for 2 hours, rinse well and drain.
- Place the samp into a pot, cover with water and cook gently for an hour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, Robertson’s Steak and Chops Spice and Origanum.
- Cook gently over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, spinach and spring onions and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add the cooked samp and mix through to coat.
- Add the stock, a ½ a cup at a time, stirring gently for a minute or two, before adding the next cup.
- Cook until most of the stock has been absorbed.
- Stir through cream and cheese and cook for a further few minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately with extra cheese and parsley for garnishing.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.