Creamy Rice Veggie Bake
Leftover rice? The quality ingredients in Hellmann’s can transform it into a magical Creamy Rice Veggie Bake, so that your leftovers don’t go to waste.
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 125 g (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) Hellmann's ® Original mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Robertsons paprika
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper
- 3 - 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets (or other cooked vegetable)
- 1 cup cooked spinach (or other cooked leafy green vegetable)
- 1/4 cup, chopped pimentos (or red bell peppers)
- 1 cup Boerewors, cooked and sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Combine breadcrumbs with garlic and ½ cup cheese in small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk milk, Hellmann's® Original Mayonnaise and Robertsons Paprika in a large bowl until smooth. Season with Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Add rice, cauliflower, pimentos, spinach, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and boerewors (optional) and stir until well coated.
- Pour into a shallow oven proof dish and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges and crumbs are golden.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.