Season with salt to taste and serve with extra mayonnaise on the side.
Repeat the feast and transform your leftover veggies into deliciously crispy Vegan croquettes, made with mayo.
- 1 cup leftover cooked vegetables (peppers, carrots, pumpkin and onion)
- 5 ml Robertsons garlic flakes
- 15 g parsley, chopped
- 750 g leftover baked potatoes
- 50 ml vegan mayonnaise
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to taste
- 1 ml Robertsons ground black peppercorns, to season
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or canola for frying
- Chop up all your leftover vegetables into small pieces, no bigger than ½ cm.
- Put it into a bowl with the garlic flakes and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, discard the skins from the baked potatoes, and mash them until smooth. Mix through the mayonnaise.
- Tip the vegetable mix into the mashed potatoes, mix until well combines, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll the mix into even size balls – approximately golf ball size. Place them on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes so they firm up.
- Start heating up the oil over a medium heat.
- Place the flour, milk and crumbs into three separate bowls.
- Toss a croquette ball through the flour, dust off excess, then dip it in the milk, then roll it through the crumbs so it is well coated. Place it back on the tray, then repeat with the remaining balls.
- Test the oil by dipping one ball in, it must sizzle in the oil, but must not colour too quickly. You want it to cook slowly so it heats all the way through.
- Fry the balls in batches, taking them out once golden, and drain them on paper towel.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.