Creamy Garlic and Herb Root Vegetable Bake
Use sweet potatoes, amadumbe, celeriac and beetroot to create a truly delicious and unusual root veggie bake. This dish is so easy to make: simply arrange your sliced veggies in a dish, cloak them with a creamy sauce, then bake in the oven until tender.
- 500 g orange sweet potato
- 500 g amadumbe (or potato if unavailable)
- 500 g celeriac
- 500 g butternut
- Knorr Creamy garlic & herb potato bake
- 5 ml thyme leaves
- 250 ml cream
- 200 ml milk
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Start by washing each vegetable well in water.
- Trim each vegetable if necessary, keeping the skin on.
- Thinly slice each vegetable, no thicker than ½ cm.
- Start arrange the vegetables into your baking dish. Line them standing up against the side of your dish. Continue layering them, standing up.
- Empty the Knorr Creamy Garlic & Herb Potato Bake sachet into a bowl with the thyme leaves.
- Whisk together the cream and milk. Add a dash to the sachet mix and whisk to form a smooth paste. Add the remaining liquid to it and season with Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve hot, as a side dish.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.