Vegan Chilli Con Carne with Beans, Chickpeas and Lentils
This satisfying dish can easily be whipped up using ingredients you’re likely to have stocked in your pantry – tinned beans, chickpeas and lentils, plus a variety of aromatic dried herbs and spices. Add fresh red chilli for a hot little kick, and serve with tortillas, guacamole and fresh coriander.
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- 15 ml Robertsons paprika
- 15 ml Robertsons ground coriander
- 15 ml Robertsons ground cumin
- 15 ml Robertsons Origanum
- 15 ml tomato paste
- 1 red pepper, 1 x 1cm squares
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 packet Knorr Savoury mince Dry Cook-In Sauce
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot (dissolved in 400ml hot water)
- 1 x 400 g tin cowpeas, drained
- 1 x 400 g tin black beans, drained
- 1 x 400 g tin lentils, drained
- 1 tub guacamole
- Heat the oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, chilli, garlic, and a pinch of Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt & Robertson’s Black Pepper. Cook until soft.
- Add the Robertson’s Paprika, Robertson’s Ground Coriander, Robertson’s Ground Cumin and Robertson’s Origanum, and saute for a further 2 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add the tomato paste, red pepper, tin tomatoes, Knorr Savoury Mince Dry Cook-In Sauce and Knorr vegetable stock pot.
- Stir everything together and bring to boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 40 minutes, until the sauce has reduced. 15 minutes before the finishing, add the cowpeas, black bean and lentils.
- Season to taste with Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt & Robertson’s Black Pepper.
- Serve the chilli con carne with tortillas and guacamole. Topped with fresh coriander.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.