Baked Sweet Potatoes with Sour Cream and Chives
Rub sweet potatoes with a paste made of olive oil, thyme, garlic flakes, dried chilli and Knorr Brown Onion Soup, then bake them until soft and serve with sour cream and chives. Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre and are packed with important micronutrients – look out in the supermarket for orange sweet potatoes!
- 4 medium orange sweet potatoes (approx. 500g each)
- 30 ml olive oil
- 38 g packet Knorr brown onion soup
- 10 ml thyme leaves
- 2.5 ml Robertsons garlic flakes
- 2.5 ml Robertsons crushed chillies
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- 250 ml sour cream
- 20 g chives, finely sliced
- 5 ml lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Wash the sweet potatoes well.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, Knorr Brown Onion Soup, thyme leaves, garlic flakes, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Generously rub this mix all over the sweet potatoes so they are evenly coated. Place them on a tray lined with foil and bake in the oven for 45 - 60 minutes, or until cooked through and soft. Check by inserting a skewer through the thickest part.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Using a sharp knife, make a long incision lengthways down the sweet potato, going half way through. Press the sides of the sweet potato so it opens slightly.
- Make the sour cream by mixing 10g chopped chives, lemon zest and pepper through it.
- Top each sweet potato with a dollop of the sour cream, top it with the extra chopped chives and chilli flakes.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.