Transform your leftover macaroni into Legendary Macaroni Pie.
- 45 g margarine
- 45 ml cake flour
- 100 g tomato, chopped
- 150 ml milk
- 100 ml Hellmann's original mayonnaise
- 7.5 ml Robertsons Origanum
- 7.5 ml Robertsons garlic and herb
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups cooked macaroni
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- In a medium-size pot, melt the margarine and then add the cake flour and allow to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomato and allow it to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise and whisk until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the Robertsons Origanum and Robertsons Garlic and Herb and allow to cook until sauce is thick.
- Add in ⅔ of the cheese and the macaroni and mix until well combined.
- Transfer from the pot to a 22 cm diameter cake tin that has been greased with Spray and Cook.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven until cheese is golden and mixture has set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.