Creamed Spinach with Toasted Walnuts and Olives
Our KNORR Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing pairs perfectly with cream to make a divine sauce for fresh baby spinach. Serve with toasted walnuts and green olives for an unforgettable side dish to go with roast chicken or braaied fish, or double the quantities and serve on its own as a delicious vegetarian dinner. Recipe courtesy of Rooi Rose Magazine.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 400 g baby spinach
- 45 ml Knorr Creamy Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 250 ml cream
- Robertsons salt and pepper
- 100 g walnuts
- pitted green olive to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and fry until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Turn up the heat and add half the spinach. Cook, stirring constantly, until it wilts. Now add the rest of the spinach and continue cooking over a high heat so all the liquid evaporates.
- When the spinach is soft, stir in the KNORR Creamy Blue Cheese Salad Dressing and the cream. Cook for a few more minutes, or until the cream has slightly thickened and reduced. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, toast the walnuts. Place the nuts in a dry frying pan and cook, tossing frequently, over a medium heat, or until they are hot and golden. Watch them closely so they don’t burn.
- Serve the creamed spinach hot, topped with the toasted walnuts and green olives.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.