Quick Bean and Lentil Bunny Chow
A super-easy vegetarian curry recipe that’s rich in flavour and goodness. This hearty meal is a fabulous option for a family dinner on Meat-Free Mondays, and takes just 35 minutes from start to finish. - Claire Winstanley
- 30 ml unsalted butter
- 30 ml oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 30 ml Rajah hot curry powder
- 1 Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-In Sauce
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 500 ml water
- 1 tinned coconut milk
- 1 tinned lentils drained
- 1 tin broad beans drained
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 white bread loaves
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Place the butter and oil into pot. Add the celery and carrots and cook over a medium heat until the vegetables soften and begin to caramelise slightly.
- Stir in the Rajah curry powder and the contents of the sachet of KNORR Tomato Base Dry Cook-in-Sauce, followed by the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, water and coconut milk. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the lentils and broad beans and cook for a further 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Hollow out the bread loaf halves, spoon the hot curry into the hollows and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
- Future 50 foods
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.