Roasted Tomato, Aubergine and Feta Bake
Craving a meal that’s plant-based, delicious and nutritious? Try this roasted tomato aubergine and feta bake. Fill up your aubergine with our tasty mixture of Knorr Tomato Sauce, creamy feta and flaked almonds. Roast to perfection, garnish with fresh coriander and wow everyone at the dinner table.
- 4 medium aubergines halved lengthways
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 red peppers finely chopped
- 400 ml water
- 15 ml Robertsons ground cumin
- 7.5 ml Robertsons ground coriander
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- 1 Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-In Sauce
- 100 g toasted flaked almonds
- fresh coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Season the eggplant halves with salt and drizzle the olive oil over. Place on a roasting tin and roast in the oven for 30 min.
- Remove from the oven and scoop out some the cooked aubergine, leaving enough to give the eggplant structure. Reserve the cooked aubergine.
- In the meantime, prepare the Knorr Tomato sauce. In a pan, brown the onion in 2 tbsp of oil. Add the red pepper and cook for 4 minutes until red pepper starts to soften.
- Add 400 ml water to the pan, stir in the contents of the pouch and bring to the boil while stirring. Add the cumin and coriander.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Combine the Knorr Tomato sauce with the scooped-out aubergine, half of the almond flakes and the feta. Scoop the mixture back into the aubergines, drizzle with more oil and bake in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with the rest of the almonds sprinkled over. Top with fresh coriander leaves.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.