Spicy Bambara Groundnuts on Sweet Potato 'Toast'
Use thinly sliced, roasted sweet potato as an alternative to toast in this scrumptious recipe. Topped with Bambara groundnuts (nduhu), one of our incredible Future 50 Foods, meals don’t get much healthier than this!
- olive oil for frying
- 5 ml Robertsons crushed chilli
- 5 ml Robertsons ground cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons coriander
- 5 ml Robertsons ground cinnamon
- 1 packet (48 g) Knorr spaghetti bolognaise dry cook-in-sauce
- 800 g soaked and cooked bambara groundnuts (nduhu)
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the spices and Knorr Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook In Sauce Dry Cook In Sauce for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the Bambara groundnuts (nduhu) and 1 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste, if necessary.
- In the meantime, make the sweet potato toast; preheat the oven to 180 °C .
- Cut the sweet potatoes vertically into ½ cm thick slices.
- Arrange on a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning halfway, until they are golden and caramelised.
- Serve the sweet potato toast topped with the spicy Bambara ground nuts (nduhu).
- Garnish with fresh coriander, if desired.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.