Curried Oat-crusted Fish Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw
A crunchy, vitamin-packed cabbage, carrot and red onion slaw is the perfect topping for tacos filled with crispy hake strips. Red cabbage has over ten times more Vitamin A and double the amount of iron than white cabbage does. Serve your tacos with mayo, jalapeño peppers and fresh coriander sprigs.
- 600 g hake fillet
- 50 g flour
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- 50 g packet Knorr curry tinned vegetable soup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 120 g oats
- 50 ml canola oil
- 1 small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large / 2 small carrots, julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 50 ml mayonnaise
- 15 ml lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 30 ml Knorr sweet chilli salad dressing
- To Serve
- 8 small crispy taco shells
- 30 g coriander
- 2 pickled jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- Cut the hake into strips.
- Mix the flour, a generous pinch of Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt, Robertson’s Black Pepper and Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup together in a bowl.
- Have the whisked eggs in a separate bowl.
- Roughly blend the oats, then place those in another bowl.
- Dip each piece of fish in the flour mix, dust off excess. Then into the egg, and lastly coat in the blended oats, pressing to form an even crumb.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cook the fish in the pan for 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through and golden. Then drain them on paper towel and season with a light pinch of salt.
- Combine all the sliced vegetable together.
- Mix all the ingredients together and season to taste with salt, pepper and extra lime juice if necessary.
- To Serve
- Fill each taco shell with some slaw, followed by the crispy fish. Drizzle over the mayonnaise, and finally, top with fresh coriander and jalapeno slices. Serve two tacos per person, with a lime wedge on the side.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.