Peri Peri Chicken Livers
Knorr Chakalaka Soup and Robertons Peri-Peri make it that much easier to prepare perfect per-peri chicken livers at home. Serve your chicken livers as a starter with crusty Portuguese rolls, or make a double portion and enjoy as a main course with rice.
- 30 ml Knorr Chakalaka soup
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 35 g (1/4 cup) cake flour
- 5 ml Robertsons peri-peri, or more to taste
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- 500 g chicken livers, cleaned
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- crusty bread to serve
- Dissolve the Knorr Chakalaka soup powder in 250 ml cold water. Set aside.
- Put the flour in a plastic bag and add the Robertsons Peri-Peri. Season to taste with black pepper. Add the livers to the bag, then shake so they are well coated with the flour mixture.
- Heat half the olive oil in a pan and gentle fry the onions for about 20 minutes, or until they are soft and caramelised. Add the Knorr Chakalaka soup mixture, stir well and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, heat the other half of the oil over a medium heat. Shake the excess flour from the livers, then cook for them for 1 minute on each side, over medium heat, or until they are nicely browned on the outside, but still pink in the centre.
- Add the chicken livers to the sauce in the pan. Reheat for 5 minutes, serve with crusty bread.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.