Peri Peri Chicken Livers
Knorr Chakalaka Soup and Robertons Peri Peri spice make it that much easier to prepare flawless Peri-Peri chicken livers at home. Serve your chicken livers as a starter with fresh bread or double the portion and enjoy as a main.
- 30 ml Knorr Chakalaka soup
- 250 ml water
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 5 ml Robertsons peri peri seasoning (for extra heat add more)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 500 g chicken livers, cleaned
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- crusty bread to serve
- Dissolve the Knorr Chakalaka soup powder in the 250 ml cold water.
- Place the flour in a plastic bag and season with Robertsons Peri Peri and salt and black pepper. Add the livers to the bag, then shake to coat well in the flour mixture.
- In a clean pan, fry the onions in half of the oil until soft and caramelized for about 20 minutes and add the dissolved Knorr Chakalaka soup and allow to heat through and simmer till thickened.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, heat the other half of the oil over medium heat, shake the excess flour from livers, then cook for 1 minute each side over medium heat or until browned and starting to crisp on the outside, but still pink in the centre.
- Add the chicken livers to the sauce in the pan. Reheat for 5 minutes, serve with crusty bread.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.