Tender chicken pieces and hearty vegetables in a rich, flavourful sauce – this home-style chicken stew is guaranteed to please the whole family. Serve hot with rice, pap or steam bread, plus green beans or creamed spinach on the side.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1½ large brown onions, peeled and chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Rajah Medium Curry Powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Robertsons Chicken Spice
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 500 g mixed chicken pieces
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 1 Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Knorr Brown Onion Soup
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the Rajah Medium Curry Powder, Robertsons Chicken Spice and chopped tomato, and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until golden brown. Add the carrots, potato, water and Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube, stir well and allow to simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, mix the Knorr Brown Onion Soup with 60 ml water (4 tablespoons) to make a smooth paste, and stir this into the pot. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve hot with pap, rice or steam bread.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.