Beef Stew with Bacon, Beans and Onions
There's nothing more comforting than a steaming beef stew on a cold winter's evening and this is a stew recipe that everyone will love.
- 1 Knorr Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 3 carrots chopped
- 125 ml red wine
- 400 g beef cubed
- 125 g bacon chopped
- 100 g baby onions
- 15 ml oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 350 ml water
- 1 tinned butter beans drained
- 2 cups creamy mashed potatoes
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry baby onions, bacon and beef until brown.
- Add 125 ml red wine and carrots.
- Mix the sachet contents with 350 ml cold water and add to the pot.
- Simmer until the meat is tender and the carrots are cooked (approximately 40 min).
- Add the tin of butter beans and simmer for 5 min.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve with creamy mashed potato.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.