Lamb Knuckle Stew with Red Wine and Butter Beans
Rosemary, red wine and butter beans make the perfect ingredients for this hearty lamb stew.
- 3 ml Robertsons ground black peppercorns to season
- 30 ml fresh lemon zest
- 3 ml Robertsons paprika
- 500 ml cold water
- 1 Knorr country hotpot dry cook-in-sauce
- 15 ml rosemary leaves chopped
- 60 ml red wine
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 45 ml flour
- 50 ml margarine
- 1 kg lamb knuckles
- 5 ml oregano (origanum)
- 1 tinned butter beans drained and rinsed
- Heat the margarine in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Put lamb, flour and garlic into a plastic bag and shake well to evenly coat the cubes.
- Add the meat to the pan and fry in batches until the meat is browned.
- Add the red wine, and remaining ingredients (except butterbeans) and simmer for 20 min.
- Place in a casserole dish and bake at 180°C for 1-1½ hours until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the butterbeans 10 min before the end of the cooking time to heat through.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve with nutty brown rice and steamed broccoli.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.