Add excellent flavour and rich colour to your potjie by frying chicken pieces with our famous Robertsons Chicken Spice before you add the herbs, spices and veggies. This is a potjie perfect for special occasions!
- 45 ml cooking oil
- 1 kg chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Robertsons Chicken Spice
- 4 Robertsons bay leaves
- 1 tsp Robertsons thyme
- 4 Robertsons black peppercorns
- 45 ml chutney
- 500 g carrots
- 6 potatoes peeled and sliced
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 500 ml water
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 2 tbsp corn flour mixe to a smooth paste with water
- Heat the oil in the pot. Sprinkle the thighs with Robertsons Chicken Spice and fry the chicken, a few pieces at a time, until golden brown.
- Add the herbs, spices and chutney.
- Arrange the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms in layers on top of the chicken.
- Dissolve the stock pot in the water and add it to the potjie.
- Replace the lid and simmer for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Thicken with corn flour before serving if desired.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.