Chicken & Lentil Stew
The combination of Chicken and Lentils makes this stew the perfect comfort meal for chilly winter evenings. Add Knoorox Chicken Stock Cubes for even more nourishment and taste!
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 chicken thighs cut in half
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons Rajah Medium Curry Powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup brown lentils cooked
- 2 Knorrox chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube mixed with 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large pot, add the chicken pieces and fry until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion and green pepper until soft, then add the Rajah Curry Powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the pot, and add the water, lentils, carrots and Knorrox Chicken Stock Cubes.
- Simmer covered for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the Knorrox Spicy Chicken Soup with the water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew, together with the chutney. Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with pap.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.