There are many ways to enjoy steak, but we think the most satisfying is in a French stick, with lots of onions. Add Hellmann's with mustard for a sharp and creamy sauce – the perfect accompaniment to steak.
- 1 large beef rump steak (600g)
- 4 tablespoons Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
- 1 French stick
- 1 small bag rocket
- 2 red onions
- 1 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Take the steaks, season with salt and pepper, rub them will olive oil, then set aside.
- Bring a non-stick frying pan to a low heat, and sweat the onions for five to eight minutes until soft, then add the balsamic vinegar and cook for another minute.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and English mustard.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan to a high heat (almost to the point of smoking). Sear the steaks for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, then remove from the pan from the heat and allow the steaks to cook using the residual heat of the pan until done to your liking.
- Cut each steak into strips and divide between the baguettes. Top with the dressing, red onions and rocket. Sprinkle with a little more black pepper and serve.
- Without milk
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.