Easy Butternut and Yoghurt Soup
A firm South African favourite and so easy to make yourself!
- 15 ml margarine
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 ml Robertsons cinnamon
- 1 kg butternut squashes (butternut), peeled and diced
- 750 ml water
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 250 ml fat free yoghurt
- Melt margarine in a deep pot then add the onion and garlic and fry until tender
- Add the cinnamon and fry for 2 minutes to release the flavour and aroma then add the cubed butternut, water and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and stir well
- Bring to the boil the reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the butternut is tender
- Remove from the heat and blend using a stick blender until smooth then stir in the yoghurt and season (to taste)
- Tip – for a richer, creamier taste use cream instead of yoghurt. There is no need to chop your vegetables perfectly as they will all be blended up at the end so a rough chop is fine!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.