Pesto Rice Salad with Spring Onions and Parmesan
Delight your guests with this unusual salad made from rice and a delicious tasty pesto.
- 250 ml wild rice
- 1 litre water
- Knorr creamy garlic and herb potato bake
- 45 ml basil pesto
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 30 ml olive oil
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to season
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns, to taste
- 250 ml basil leaves torn
- 30 ml shaved Parmesan
- Place the rice and water in a sauce pan.
- Add the contents of the Knorr Garlic and Herb Potato Bake packet.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Cook on medium heat until all the water has boiled off and the rice is cooked, adding more water if necessary.
- Set aside to cool.
- Toss the rice with pesto, spring onions, olive oil and grated Parmesan.
- Season (to taste).
- Garnish with torn basil leaves and shaved Parmesan.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.