Butterflied Portuguese Chicken with Lemon Mayonnaise
This spicy Portuguese chicken is seasoned to perfection! Enjoy this quick and easy meal with a side of chips and lemon mayonnaise.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 1 tbsp Robertsons Garlic Salt
- fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tbsp Robertsons Paprika
- 80 ml olive oil
- 10 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Robertsons Barbecue Spice
- 2 kg whole chicken
- 8 tbsp Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 15 ml lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the Robertsons Crushed Chillies, Robertsons Garlic Salt, Oregano, Robertsons Paprika, olive oil, red wine vinegar and Robertsons Barbecue Spice together in a small bowl. Set 125ml of the sauce aside.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut down either side of chickens backbone. Place chicken breast side up and press down on breastbone to flatten it. Place in a roasting pan. Rub the chicken with 125ml of the sauce.
- Roast for 1 hour 30 mins, brushing with the remaining sauce occasionally, until golden and cooked though.
- Add Hellmann's mayonnaise to a small bowl and beat in the lemon juice one teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency and flavour.
- Serve chicken with chips and lemon mayonnaise.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.