Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
This is a snazzy, summery take on the classic roast chicken.
- 1 whole chicken cleaned
- 3 juicy oranges
- 1 juicy lemon
- 100 ml honey
- 50 grams grated ginger
- 20 grams Rajah curry powder
- 200 grams onions grated
- 250 grams dry white wine
- 2 grams salt
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns to taste
- 6 shallots
- 3 carrots cut in half
- 1 fennel bulb cut into 4 cm cubes
- 20 small potatoes
- 4 Italian tomatoes cut in half
- 1 garlic cut in half
- 3 yellow carrots
- 3 fresh yellow beetroots
- 2 leeks
- Hellmann's original mayonnaise, to serve
- For the chicken, mix together all ingredients apart from the bird itself, then in a baking tray, rub the chicken with the ingredients mix and close it with cling film. Leave it to marinade for 12 hours.
- Afterwards put the vegetables into the baking tray, pour olive oil, salt and pepper and put in the oven at 170 degrees closed with foil paper.
- Once the chicken is soft, remove the foil paper, pour the remaining sauce from the baking tray and cook it at 200 degrees until golden.
- Carve and serve with Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise for a creamy finish.
- Without milk
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.