Chicken and Rice
Not to be mistaken for the typical Paella Española, this easy recipe is in a league of its own. Don’t forget your Knorr Chicken Stock Pots!
- 1000 ml water
- 2 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 300 g long grained rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red chilli pepper, sliced finely
- Robertsons paprika (to season)
- 150 ml extra water
- 225 g frozen peas and carrots
- 400 fresh roast chicken, skinless
- Place the water and 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice, stir once, and return to the boil, then turn the heat down and follow cooking times on packaging.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the red pepper, green pepper, chilli pepper and crushed garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the Robertsons Paprika and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, frozen peas and carrots plus olives (if using) and stir in gently.
- Add 150 ml water and 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and bring the heat up until water is hot.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir the chicken in with the rice. Reduce heat and simmer for until extra water is absorbed by rice.
- It’s ok for the rice to get quite soft in this dish.
- Serve once the extra water is absorbed and the chicken and vegetable are hot.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.