Peri Peri Chicken Livers
Delicious, nutritious chicken livers in a rich tomato and green pepper sauce with a powerful punch of peri peri spicing. Serve piping-hot with crusty Portuguese rolls for mopping up the tasty sauce.
- 1 tsp Robertsons Chicken Spice
- 500 g cleaned chicken livers
- 15 ml extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Robertsons paprika
- 1 tbsp Robertsons peri peri
- 1 tbsp Robertsons garlic flakes
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- Season livers with Robertsons Chicken Spice.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and brown livers, leaving them slightly pink inside.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a drop more oil and fry green pepper and onion for 2 minutes.
- Add spices and garlic and fry for a further minute to allow the flavours to develop.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Return livers to pan and cook gently for 1 - 2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve with toast or Portuguese bread rolls.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.