Roasted Vegetables & Fresh Pesto Penne Pasta
Using Knorrox's Vegetable Curry Stock Cubes makes this tantalizing dish great for the entire family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g pasta penne
- 1 eggplant
- 2 red chilli deseeded
- 1 1/2 Knorrox Curry vegetable stock cube
- 2 large Baby marrow or courgettes
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted pine nuts or mixed sunflower seeds
- 3 sundried tomatoes soaked in water
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In boiling water add the Knorrox stock cube, pasta and cook until al dente.
- Cut the eggplant and courgettes into 10 even size pieces.
- Brush the vegetables lightly with the olive oil and place them into a baking dish. Roast them for 20 – 25 minutes or until soft. Turn twice during roasting and sprinkle with black pepper.
- In the meantime, toast the pine nuts/ sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds in a frying pan until golden brown or crispy, leave to cool.
- Place the sundried tomatoes, basil leaves, parsley, toasted nuts/seeds, margarine into a bowl and whizz with the hand blender. Season with black pepper. Stir in a large spoonful of cold water.
- Add the pesto and roasted vegetables to the pasta and toss well to coat.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.