Ostrich And Cashew Stir-Fry
This flavourful stir-fry is made with succulent ostrich, peppers, onion, carrots, mange tout, fresh coriander, soy sauce, ginger and cashew nuts; all served on a bed of rice noodles.
- 500 g ostrich fillet
- 5 ml Robertsons meat tenderizer
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 10 ml Robertsons barbecue spice
- 1 ml Robertsons crushed chillies (or add more to taste)
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 15 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 250 ml mange tout, sliced in half lengthways
- 4 nests rice noodles, cooked or soaked in hot water to soften
- 250 ml plain cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 15 ml sweet chilli sauce
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Lightly dampen the ostrich fillet with water and rub with Robertsons Meat Tenderiser, before cutting into medium strips.
- Place a wok or a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat, add most of the vegetable oil. Add the ostrich fillet, Robertsons Barbecue Spice, Robertsons Crushed Chillies and some salt and stir-fry for a few minutes until cooked. Remove from the wok and keep aside and warm.
- Add the rest of the oil to the wok, add the onion and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and the cashew nuts and stir fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes until the vegetables are almost tender but still crisp.
- Add the rice noodles and ostrich back to the wok and stir on the heat for about 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce and the sweet chilli sauce, toss to coat and add the fresh coriander.
- Eat immediately.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.