This recipe takes an ordinary sandwich and transforms it into something mouth-watering with the help of a spicy steak rub, mayo and cheese.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into chips
- 30 ml Robertsons steak and chops spice
- 30 ml cooking oil
- 300 g rump steak
- 1 large baguette loaf
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ lettuce, shredded
- 100 g cheddar cheese, sliced
- 60 ml mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the sweet potatoes on a large baking tray. Season with 15ml Robertsons Steak and Chops spice and drizzle with 15 ml cooking oil. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time until golden brown.
- Combine the remaining cooking oil, remaining Robertsons Steak and Chops spice and rub the steak with the spice rub.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Grill the steak for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked to your liking. Set the steak aside for 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Assemble the Gatsby by layering tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, lettuce, cheddar cheese roasted sweet potato chips, steak on top of each other. Drizzle with mayonnaise and slice into pieces.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.