Boerewors And Corn Shakshuka
This one-skillet Shakshuka made with tomato-red pepper sauce, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper is the perfect bright and spicy start to your day.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 ml Robertsons ground cumin
- 10 ml Robertsons paprika
- 5 ml Robertsons Nutmeg
- 5 ml Robertsons cayenne pepper
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin corn kernels, drained
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 4 large eggs
- 400 g good-quality Boerewors, cooked
- 250 ml labneh
- chopped chives to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized frying on medium heat. Add the chopped green peppers and diced onion, cook for 5 minutes. Add the crushed garlic, Robertsons Ground Cumin, Robertsons Paprika, Robertsons Nutmeg and Robertsons Cayenne Pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato and corn. Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Use a large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Cut up the boerewors into bite sized pieces and arrange amongst the eggs. Cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Garnish with generous dollops of labneh and freshly chopped parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.