Sticky, Spicy Chicken Wings
Who can resist sticky, sizzling chicken wings, piping-hot from the oven? With an irresistible combination of mild spiciness and gentle sweetness, these tasty wings are guaranteed to fly off your plates at dinner time.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 tbsp Rajah Mild and Spicy curry powder
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- 16 chicken wings
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- oven-roasted chips to serve
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a small pot and sautée the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder and sautée for 1 minute then add the soy sauce, water, sweet chilli sauce, vinegar and golden syrup and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and allow to reduce until thickened and syrupy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Arrange the chicken wings on a lined baking tray. Pat the chicken wings dry and coat with the baking powder and salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes then flip and cook on the other side until crispy.
- Place the cooked wings in a large bowl, pour the sauce over and toss to coat.
- Serve the chicken wings with oven-cooked chips on the side.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.