Spicy Lentil Stew with Warm Garlic Bread
Paired with crusty garlic bread for a winning combination! Full of warmth and spices with the tasty Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-in-Sauce, this smoky veggie lentil stew will have you queuing for seconds.
- Drizzle olive oil, to sauté
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 15g fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Robertsons Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Robertsons Ground Coriander (+ 1 tsp extra, to sprinkle)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 500g pumpkin, diced
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 1 Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-In Sauce
- 3 x 400g tins lentils, drained handful fresh coriander, to garnish
- 1 large store-bought garlic bread, to serve
- Edible flowers, to garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil then sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and cumin seeds over medium heat until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the Robertsons ground cumin, Robertsons ground coriander, smoked paprika and pumpkin. Using a wooden spoon, mix until the pumpkin cubes are coated in the spices. Add the water.
- Stir in the Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-in-Sauce, then bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the pumpkin is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Add the drained lentils and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with the extra 1 tsp Robertsons ground coriander, then leave to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with a handful of fresh coriander and, if desired, edible flowers. Enjoy with the store bought garlic bread alongside.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.