Lamb Knuckle Stew with Red Wine and Butter Beans
Rosemary, red wine and butterbeans make the perfect ingredients for this hearty lamb stew.
- 3ml black pepper
- 30ml lemon zest
- 3ml paprika
- 500ml cold water
- 1 KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-In-Sauce
- 15ml rosemary leaves, chopped
- 60ml red wine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 45ml flour
- 50ml stork margarine
- 1kg lamb knuckles
- 5ml dried origanum
- 410g tin butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- nutty brown rice and steamed broccoli to serve
- Heat Stork margarine in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Put lamb, flour and garlic into a plastic bag and shake well to evenly coat the cubes.
- Add the meat to the pan and fry in batches until the meat is browned.
- Add the red wine, and remaining ingredients (except butterbeans) and simmer for 20 min.
- Place in a casserole dish and bake at 180°C for 1-1½ hours until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the butterbeans 10 min before the end of the cooking time to heat through.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve with nutty brown rice and steamed broccoli.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.