Spicy Mushroom Curry with Naan Bread and Rice
Mushroom are so versatile in the kitchen, and they’re packed with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Here’s a quick way to create a deliciously spicy vegan curry flavoured with garlic and ginger, and thickened with Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup. Serve with basmati rice and warm naan breads.
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 500 g button mushrooms quartered
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- 5 ml Robertsons turmeric
- 5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons coriander
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 700 ml water
- 50 g (1 sachet) Knorr curry vegetable soup
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 2.5 ml Robertsons black pepper
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- naan bread, to serve
- 4 servings of basmati rice to serve with dish
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden and caramelised, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Turn down the heat and add the onion, garlic and ginger to the pan. Sauté for five to seven minutes, or until soft. Add the Robertsons Turmeric, Robertsons Cumin, Robertsons Coriander and tomato paste and cook for a further one to two minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the cooked mushrooms back to the pan along with the water and the contents of the sachet of Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup. Stir well and simmer until thickened.
- Season to taste with the lemon juice and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Top the mushroom curry with fresh coriander and serve with naan breads and basmati rice.
- Without milk
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.