This simple chicken curry recipe with fresh ginger, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, curry leaves, Rajah Medium Curry Powder and coconut milk makes for a hearty meal. Serve with chunky potatoes or rice for a great curry from the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 30 ml Stork margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 1.5 tbsp Rajah medium curry powder
- 2 curry leaves
- 600 g chicken breast or thighs, cut into medium pieces
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 3 cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced (for frying)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a large saucepan until melted. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and Rajah Medium Curry Powder. Stir well and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Add the curry leaves and the chicken to the pan and mix well. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes until the chicken browns. Add the coconut milk and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, stirring well. Bring to the boil then reduce to low heat, cover with lid and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the ginger in boiling water. Refresh in iced water. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a small deep pan to 180°C. Deep fry the ginger slices for a couple of minutes, until golden and crisp, turning them in the oil to ensure they colour evenly. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve curry topped with fried ginger and a sprinkle of freshly toasted cumin seeds, if desired.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.