The secret to really good chicken tikka is marinating the chicken in yoghurt, ginger and garlic, which helps to tenderise it. Everyone will love this mild and fragrant dish - it's sure to become a firm family favourite.
- 1 sachet Rajah Chicken Tikka Pure Spice Blend
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400 g chicken breasts cubed
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root crushed
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 175 ml plain yoghurt
- salt to taste
- handful fresh coriander (optional) to serve
- Marinate chicken cubes with yoghurt and ginger & garlic. Mix and set aside.
- In a pot fry chopped onion in 2 tbsp vegetable oil until light brown.
- Reduce heat, add tomato paste and Rajah Chicken Tikka Pure Spice Blend, fry for 1 minute.
- Add tinned tomatoes, 1/2 cup water and simmer for 20 minutes, with pot lid on. Stirring regularly.
- Add chicken and yoghurt mixture and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Season with salt to taste, garnish with fresh coriander, serve with Basmati rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.