Stuffed with oozing herbed cream cheese, crumbed and deep-fried, these spicy peppadew bites make the perfect appetisers or finger foods.
- 250 ml cream cheese, softened
- 45 ml chopped chives
- 10 ml Robertsons mixed herbs
- 24 pickled peppadew pepper, drained and patted dry
- 300 ml cake flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 10 ml Robertsons crushed chilli
- vegetable oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 160°C.
- Place the cream cheese, chives, Robertsons Mixed Herbs in a mixing bowl and mix until completely combined. Spoon into a piping bag with a firm nozzle
- Pipe a generous amount of cream cheese filling into each peppadew.
- Place the flour and the egg into separate bowls. Mix the panko breadcrumbs with the Robertsons Crushed Garlic and place in a bowl.
- Crumb the stuffed peppadews by dipping them into the flour, followed by the eggs and finally the panko crumbs. Repeat the crumb process on the cut side of each peppadew so it has a double layer of crumbs. (This will prevent the cream cheese from bursting through the crumbs while frying).
- Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes (this will prevent the crumbs from falling off during the frying process).
- Fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.