Cheesy Tomato Nachos
Make sure your nachos are a notch above the rest with our cheesy tomato nachos recipe. Fry up some red peppers, kidney beans, cumin, coriander and chilli before mixing in Knorr’s delicious Tomato Base Sauce. Add to crunchy nachos, dress with cheese and enjoy!
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 packet (48 g) Knorr tomato base dry cook-in-sauce
- 400 ml water
- 1 tinned red kidney beans drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Robertsons cumin
- 1 tablespoon Robertsons coriander
- 2 teaspoons Robertsons crushed chilli
- 230 g round corn chips or nachos
- 1 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese block
- dollops of guacamole to serve
- In a medium pan, over medium heat, brown the onions. Add the red pepper and cook for 4 minutes until red pepper starts to soften.
- Add 400 ml water to the pan, stir in the contents of the pouch and bring to the boil while stirring. Add the beans, cumin, coriander and chilli.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Place the nachos in an ovenproof dish and drizzle the sauce over. Sprinkle the cheese over and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve with guacamole.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.