Cape Malay Mince and Phyllo Pie
Whip up a quick family dinner with the help of this easy recipe for Cape Malay Mince and Phyllo Pie. Delicious!
- 2.5 ml Robertsons thyme
- 2.5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 500 g mutton mince
- 45 ml Stork margarine
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 Knorr Country hot pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 100 g dried apricots, halved
- 300 ml water
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 50 ml margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Sautè onion, garlic and peppers in Stork margarine over medium heat.
- Add mince and brown.
- Add cumin, thyme and dried apricots.
- Add sachet of KNORR Country Hot Pot and 300 ml water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Spoon the mince mixture into a round casserole dish.
- Brush each sheet of phyllo pastry with melted margarine, scrunch the pastry into balls and place over the mince.
- Place in the oven and bake at 200°C until light golden brown.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.