Cheesy Potato-Topped Tuna Pie
This dish is tasty, nutritious and ideal for family weeknight meals. A creative fish recipe that will leave everyone begging for seconds!
- 50 g Stork margarine
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 Knorr chicken a'la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 500 ml cold milk
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 can tuna, drained
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 700 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 50 ml milk
- 5 ml margarine
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 80 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- Make the potato mash by boiling potatoes in boiling salted water until cooked through.
- Mash potatoes together with the 50ml milk, 5ml Stork margarine, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in grated cheese and spring onions and set aside.
- Melt margarine in a frying pan and fry onion until soft.
- Add milk to the pan then whisk in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Chicken a'la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce until smooth and blended.
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach, tuna and lemon juice.
- Spoon mixture into a baking dish.
- Spoon cheesy potato topping over the tuna and spread out evenly.
- Place under the grill until lightly browned.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.