Using Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise in the mixture brings these American-style pancakes out so light and fluffy, you won’t know whether to eat them or use them as a pillow.
- 150 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 150 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Sift the flour, baking powder and caster sugar together into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk, the egg and the mayonnaise.
- Gently pour the milk, egg and mayonnaise preparation into the flour mixture, whisking as you go with a fork until you have a smooth batter. Lumps are absolutely not permitted!
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil. When it’s hot, add a ladle of batter.
- Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then run a heat-proof spatula or fish slice underneath the pancake to make sure it hasn’t stuck to the bottom of the pan, then turn over- or toss if you’re feeling lucky.
- Cook on the reverse, and again for a moment on the first side so that the pancake is golden brown and has risen to around a one centimetre-thickness.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up, or until all pancakes have stuck to the ceiling.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.