Rajah #AromaYouCanTaste Terms & Conditions
Unilever USSD Competition
Competition Dates 8 July 2022 – 16 October 2022
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”) and Vetro Media is the “Promoter Agent”.
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
3. The promotional competition is only open to participants over the age of 18.
4. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or Promotional materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions.
5. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
6. By participating in this competition participants are asked to Opt In to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. The participant is under no obligation to Opt In in order to still enter the promotional competition.
8. This promotional competition is open from 8 July 2022 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 16 of October 2022. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
9. To enter, participants will be required to purchase any 2 participating Rajah products in the below qualifying sizes:
- Rajah 50g
- Rajah 100g
Participants will be required to purchase any 2 participating brands/products listed above from a participating store. Participants must then dial *120*1566*1# and follow prompts. USSD session charged at 20c per 20 seconds.
In order to qualify entry, participants will be required to flow the below step by step guide:
- Step 1: Dial *120*1566*1#
- Step 2: Complete the user journey
- Step 3: Please enter last 4 digits of the barcode of product 1
- Step 4: Please enter last 4 digits of the barcode of product 2
10. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
11. Participants must enter the correct last 4 digits of the barcode for product 1 and product 2. If a participant has given incorrect details of the barcode, the Promoter reserves the right to deem that entry as invalid.
12. Participants must enter in their correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
13. Participants may enter as many times as they wish, provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase and accurate barcode.
14. The prize is 1 of 100 cash deposits to the value of R5 000, totalling R500 000 in cash deposits (the ‘Prize’).
15. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within one month of notification will be forfeited.
16. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
17. A single person/ID number may only win a prize once during the competition period (08 July 2022 – 16 October 2022)
18. 100 participants will be selected as winners (the ‘Winner’) to receive a Prize.
19. The Winner will be required to provide their till slip, name, ID number, copy of their identity document, contact details, certified bank account confirmation letter and will be contacted to acknowledgment the receipt of the prize.
20. The Winner will be selected by means of a random draw by daily between 08 of July 2022 and 16 of October 2022 and will be notified telephonically where the Winner will be required to verify their details. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner three (3) times on the day of draw after their name/number is drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE
21. The Prize winners will be contacted by Promoter “agency” where agency will require the winner to furnish agency with the aforesaid required documentation within three (3) days of confirmation of telephonic call, once all documents have been verified, agency will make a direct deposit to the prize winners. If the Prize Winner cannot produce the documents during this period, the Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
CASH PRIZE DETAILS
22. Payment of the cash prizes will be made by EFT by the Promoter’s agency, Vetro Media (“the agency”), into a bank account nominated by the Winner. The Winner will need to provide the agency with an original letter from their bank on the bank’s letterhead confirming proof of their account details which letter must be stamped by the bank, before any amount will be transferred to them. The Prize is not transferrable. The agency’s print out of the bank transfer will serve as proof of receipt of the prize by the Winner.
23. The Winner may be required to sign an Indemnity and Media Release forms.
24. A copy of these rules can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860 151 141.
25. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 1 month will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
26. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
27. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
28. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
30. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
31. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple cell phone details or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
33. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
34. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
35. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
36. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
37. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
38. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
39. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
40. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
41. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
42. Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.