Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
5. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Durban North, 4019 or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
7. This promotional giveaway is open from 01 November 2020 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 31 January 2021.Any candidates after the closing date will not be considered.
8. To qualify for the surprise and delight giveaways, participants will be required to have engaged with the Knorr brand on a social platform such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter (within previous 30 days). Showing how they have used Knorr Products in their meals or interacted in a positive manner with the brand and others on the page.
9. There will be no cost to entry for participants entering competition.
10. Participants must provide their correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
11. Participants may enter as many times as they like.
12. There are 3 different hampers and they all consist of a variety of Knorr personalised gifts, as well as Knorr Products. Details of all prizes for the duration of the competition and prize value is found under ‘Prize details’ below.
13. Any prize not taken up for any reason within 1 month of notification will be forfeited.
14. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable
15. In November 2020, 3 participants will be selected (the ‘Winner’) to receive a Prize, in December 2020, 3 participants will be selected and in January 2021, 3 participants will be selected.
16. The Winner will be required to provide their name, ID number, copy of their identity document, contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
17. The Winner will be selected by means of a random selection, of qualifying candidates.
18. The promoter will contact the winners once every day for 5 consecutive working days after the winner is chosen. If the Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
Delivery Of Prize
19. The Prize includes delivery and the Winner will be required to provide the Promoter with a valid day time delivery address to enable delivery in a contact-less manner.
Each hamper consists of the following generic items listed below to the value of R350.00:
• 1 x Knorr Apron
• 1 x Knorr measuring jug
• 2 x Dry cook in sauces
• 2 x Knorr cook in bags
• 2 x Knorr sauces
• 4 x Knorr soups
20. Generic products contained in the hamper are not negotiable.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to change any items in the various hampers at any given point without notifying the winner as long as the value of the items are equivalent to those being replaced.
22. Delivery of the prizes are subject to strict Covid-19 regulations and guidelines from the South African government (under level 1) or whichever stage South Africa is in during prize delivery. Both people delivering prize and prize winners must wear masks, sanitize the hamper before and after receiving it and maintain a social distance of 2 metres between each other.
23. The winner will be required confirm receipt/acceptance of the delivery.
24. In order to claim their prize the winner will be required to sign an Indemnity.
25. A copy of these rules can be found on the Knorr Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/KnorrZA ) throughout the period of the campaign.
26. Participants agree that, they grant permission to the Promoter to deliver their hamper prize to their property if abovementioned strict social distancing rules are in place.
27. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 1 month will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
28. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever.Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
29. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
30. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind.Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
32. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
33. Note: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void.
Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
34. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner.However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
36. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
37. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
38. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
39. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
40. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
41. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
42. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
43. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
44. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
45. Participants agree that by entering the competition, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.