Chicken and Bacon Gougere
This simple dinner recipe for chicken and bacon stew, with a choux pastry topping, makes a delicious meal for the entire family.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 15 ml Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 6 Slices bacon, chopped
- 500 g Chicken breast, chopped
- 1 sachet KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 15ml Dijon mustard
- 500 ml Milk
- 60 g Stork margarine, chopped
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 35 g Grated parmesan
- Fry the onion and bacon in oil until cooked, then brown the chicken in the same pan.
- Add the KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce, mustard and milk and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and set aside.
- For the pastry, place the Stork margarine and water into a pan and stir until melted, then bring to the boil.
- Add flour and mix until mixture leaves the side of the pan.
- Gradually mix in the beaten egg and beat with an electric beater until thick and glossy, then add the grated Parmesan
- Spoon heaped tbsp of pastry on top of the chicken mix around the sides of the dish and bake for 10 min at 200°C, then reduce heat to 180°C and bake for a further 20 min.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook