Rice Balls with Mozzarella, Basil and Garlic
Garlic, rice, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil make these rice and cheese balls a tasty treat that will impress your friends.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- ½ Red pepper, diced
- 250 ml Arborio rice, washed
- 1 KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 700 ml hot water
- 100 ml White wine
- 75 g Mozzarella cheese
- Oil for deep frying
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Heat the olive oil and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the pepper and rice to the pan and cook for 3 min stirring to coat the rice in oil.
- Mix the KNORR Garlic & Herb Potato Bake packet with the water and the wine and add to the pan a little at a time, waiting for the liquid to be absorbed by the rice before adding the next ladleful of liquid.
- Once all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, remove the pan from the heat and leave until the mixture is cool enough to handle.
- Cut the cheese into 12 blocks, then, taking about a tablespoon of risotto, shape the mixture around the cheese pieces to make 12 balls.
- Heat the oil and fry the risotto balls in batches until golden.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh basil.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook